About Me

Picture perfect and yet imperfect family.
As on 1st January 2010:
Married to Adin Ng on 26/09/97 for 12 years!
Mom to:
Gabriel Xavier(9yrs)~12/07/00
John Emmanuel(4yrs)~01/08/05
Paul Emmaeus(Stillborn)~01/09/07 (2yrs+ by now)
Paulina Therese(2-1/2mths)~10/10/09

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Going for Mass

I was so determined to bring John for mass alone with baby today. During my third and fourth prenancy, my poor John had been so neglected somehow! Daddy hadn't been great at handling him during mass in the past several months and John had been telling us that he hates going to Church!
We were just sitting behind our CL group childrens' choir at the Childrens' Mass on Christmas Eve when John started acting up and running out of the Church! After the Mass, some people pointed out to me that John could be jealous with the new addition in the family. I immediately replied that it's not jealousy. John has always been loving and caring towards his baby sister even from the pregnancy of baby Paul. Besides, John is much older now than 2 years ago and he has never magnifest any sibling jealousy...not even a sign that I know of? We can't brand a child that way anyway! His misbehavior is due to our own negligence, lack of guidance and attention towards him for several months!
I thought of sitting with John at Mass seperately from his Dad and Gabriel this morning but somehow I woke up with a strained neck so I decided to let Gabriel and his Dad attend the 11am Mass while John, Baby and myself attend the 5:30pm Mass.
I said a short prayer before taking John and Baby to Church. As I reached before the main door of Holy Spirit Church, John just ran in and talked loudly. I quickly pulled him outside to the Divine Mercy corner and quietly told him to sit down with me for a short prayer with Jesus. I distracted him by asking him to look at the picture of Divine Mercy and asked him what colour he saw on the rays of lights that came from Jesus and he told me that there were orange, blue and yellow. That started the conversation going! He asked why were there a hole each on Jesus's feet so I reminded him that Jesus was nailed on the cross as He loves us and He wants us to pray for him and for eveyone and also wants us to listen quietly and attentively during mass. John agreed to be quiet as we walked in. We soon found our seat, about 5 rows from the front.
As we sat, he pointed out that he wanted to go and look at the nativity so I told him that he has to be very quiet if he wants to see it. We walked quietly to the nativity crib, took a glimsp and walked quietly back. Yes! John was surprisingly quiet during mass! He fell asleep halfway during the homily though after repeating quietly what Father was saying. He slept like a little hamster sitting upright and woke up just before Holy Communion.
I must say that it's the first time after several months that John has behaved so well during Mass and without any resistence of going to Church! He went for mass willingly with me and baby!
Praise God! May the Holy Spirit give me the patience and strength to teach and guide John!

No comments:

Post a Comment